EAST END DISTRICT INVITATION TO BID – LAWNDALE STREET MEDIANS
Sealed bids in duplicate addressed to East End District (EED or Owner) will be received at the office of EED at 3211 Harrisburg Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77003 until 3:00 PM, Wednesday, September 29, 2021, and then publicly opened and read for furnishing all labor, material, equipment and supervision necessary or incidental to construction of Lawndale at Wayside Landscaping Project.
The work includes but is not limited to:
- Traffic control including, but not limited to, permits, signage, flaggers, and lane closures,
- Demolish, remove, and dispose of all concrete between median curbs
- Excavate and dispose 12″ of compacted sub-base. Backfill with topsoil and prepared backfill mix
- Pavers at median tip and pavers at planting edge. Complete in-place per plans
- Black Star gravel at planting beds, including steel edging. Complete in-place per plans.
- Installation of a complete irrigation system that includes, but is not limited to, permitting, taps to main water lines, borings under the roadway for main line and sleeves, irrigation meters, and all other irrigation system components per plans and details.
- Plantings as shown in plans.
Bidders must have at least five years of confirmed experience on comparable size projects of a similar scope in the Houston Metroplex. The work shall be completed in accordance with certain rules and reporting requirements of the Federal Transit Administration.
A VOLUNTARY pre-bid conference will be held virtually on Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 2:00 PM by using the following link:
To join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 864 4996 9553
One tap mobile +13462487799,,86449969553# US (Houston)
Bid package, which includes plans, specifications, and bid documents, may be obtained here »
A cashier’s check or a Bid Bond must accompany each bid in the appropriate amount as indicated in the bid documents. The successful bidder will be required to provide a performance bond and a payment bond, as provided for in the bid documents, for the full amount of the contract. Owner reserves the right to cancel the solicitation, without penalty, at its sole discretion and reserves the right to reject any or all bids. No bid may be withdrawn until the expiration of 60 days from the date bids are opened.
This project is subject to minimum wage rates determined by EED.
Utilization of Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE): EED’s goal for utilization of DBEs is 22%. This goal is applicable to this project.
SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
EED Social Media Policy regarding this website: This social media site is intended to serve as a mechanism for communication between the public and the District. Following or “friending” persons or organizations is not an endorsement by the District and is only intended as a means of communication. All content of this site and all comments submitted are public and are subject to disclosure pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act.
TITLE VI POLICY STATEMENT
The East End District (EED) assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color and national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity for which federal aid funds are used (Federally Funded Program). The EED further assures every effort will be made to ensure nondiscrimination in all of its Federally Funded Programs. The policy will apply to all EED Federally Funded Programs.